Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nothing better the a mom and pop spot

Mary and I had to get up kinda early today to fax some things back and forth from new york to try and get ouf new apartment. After doing all that grown up stuff we were pretty hungry and the greasy fast food our budget allows for has been loosing its luster. Luckily I thought I noticed a bagel place at the entrance of the strip mall. So we drove around the mall till we found Sunrise bagel cafe. Once you walk in it has a pretty inviting vibe to it with easy listening music playing some couches, and it even has art from local artists on the wall. It was a good change of pace since most of arizona (or at least the bigger areas we've been speading most our time in) lack mom and pop establishments. I miss places like this. Growing up I used to love going to places like cobblers after my dads softballs games for wings. As cliche as it sounds its good to go somewhere where they know your name, even the grahmsville deli before school every morning was fun. This place had that vibe, the husband makes the orders while the wife takes the orders. She even bought it to us when they were done. I got the "arizona bagel" which was egg, sausage pepperjack cheese, jalepano and a side of homemade salsa on an everything bagel, which was really good. Mary had an everything bagel with cream cheese. It all came out to about six dollars after drinks. I think I might an excuse to come out this way once we move to north phoniex.