Wednesday, January 12, 2011

NO! Say it aint so

So since my computer got that horrible virus before we even left north carolina there was a lot of things I haven't posted yet and this is one of them. About half way threw north carolina it was getting really windy and it was blowing me all over the road. Then I got a random thought to a look at my license plate but much to my surprise it wasn't there. As soon as I saw it we pulled over so I could tell mary and I realized it not only blew my plate of but it broke half the mounting bracket off of my fender! So I thought I'd responsible for once and call the dmv back home. We get off the next exit and call the dmv in the big parking lot of a shell gas station. Just a little side note while we were on hold with the dmv some poor bastards were pushing some broken down cars into the same lot as us. It turns out they had just gotten the cars at a local auction and barely made it a mile down the road before they broke down. I gave mary the phone while we were on hold and ran over to help them push the cars and brought some tools over too. After a twenty minute wait mary called me back over and they advised me not to put on my old plate from my old sportster (damn I miss that thing). Instead they tell me to make a cardboard plate with my plate number and the date I lost my old plate....but logic tells me if there's wind that can blow my bracket off my bike how long will cardboard last? As an alternative I made the cardboard plate and have been keeping it under my seat. Now I'm afraid its unavoidable, I have to get arizona plates! I've made it all the way to florida and I'm yet to get stopped for lack of a plate (knock on wood). The dmv says I can use the cardboard plate for 15 days. Two things I planned on fighting even it kills me and that's giving up my 845 number and getting an arizona plate....like I said NO! Say it aint so!!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry