Monday, February 21, 2011

Wow.  So one of our very good friends, Ben Doland's father passed away last week.  John was a really awesome guy who killed it in the kitchen.  I got a text from Ben last night asking to come over for one last hoorah before he moved into his new place.  He also said he had a surprise for me.  I wasn't any the wiser.  I got off work, scooped up Ann, Marty J, Eric, and Peter and we went.  For a man who just lost his father, Ben is doing a remarkable job of keeping his chin up, and doing all the things a man in his situation needs to do.  After some bull shitting and music selecting, Ben started digging through boxes for my surprise.  This is what he pulled out.  Ben had said that just a couple days before his Dad died, he had asked him, "hey, your friend Jamie smokes right?  Give him this."   This is probably one of the greatest gifts I've ever recieved.  Not only because its a really fuckin sweet cigarette case, but because John was such a nice guy, and Ben could of held this down and not said anything.  Thank you so very much Ben and John.