Friday, April 29, 2011

New bars

Ive been seriously lacking up the updates. Since I last posted, Ive done a few new neat things on my bike. Before I go into it, I have to say.... Lowbrow Customs is possibly the best company Ive ever had the pleasure of dealing with. My old man got me a sweet set of frisco bars for Christmas this past year. After dealing with some shit and broken promises, I began dismantling to put the new bars on. I got everything off the old bars, and then found out the bars my Dad got are 1 inch, and my little Yamaha needs 7/8s. I immediately emailed Lowbrow, and Kyle emailed me back in about 20 minutes. After many emails back and forth, we decided to go with some really sweet Z-bars. He told me I needed to send the old ones back first, and he would send me my new ones. Well, the economy being the way it is, I couldnt afford to mail my frisco bars back right away. After a few weeks, I finally had some extra money in my wallet and I mailed them back. I sent Kyle an email, only to find out that I took too long, and the Z-bars were gone. I went with my second choice, some nice window bars, and prayed for the best. Kyle did really awesome by me, and since my original choice was sold out from under me, he picked up the shipping for the new window bars. About 3 days later and I had my sweet new bars. About 3 hours and a nice long ride with Matty J later, my new window bars were on! Again, big thanks to Kyle and everyone at Lowbrow Customs for really taking care of me.


My new bars, all unwarpped in their shiny goodness


The old bars are now completely taken off


And heres the finished product



Ann and I saw these a few weeks back when we were walking around New Paltz. Ive been dying to put them up, and now I finally have an excuse to