Thursday, April 7, 2011

And it just keeps piling....


I started out the day by trying to disassemble the entire front of my bike. I decided to start off with removing the speedo and tac, since it'll look silly with two big boobs sitting in between my new z-bars. After lots of cursing, I finally got the stupid gauges off, although I cant get the indicator light housing thingy off until I get to my old mans for some more tools. I wanted to start her up, because she hasnt ran for a few weeks, and smelled something burning. As I attempted to keep trying to start her, I saw some sparking coming from the battery terminal. Upon further examination, I discovered the screw must of come loose quite long ago, and the little bastard must of gotten really hot, because it melted the entire terminal. So bad in fact, and you might not be able to see it in the picture, some of the metal liquidized, and then recooled into a neat little puddle.